Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting service applies to stockpiling and/or sharing specific content on a web hosting server managed by a hosting supplier. There are various sorts of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's take a peek at them. In this way, you can pick what you need, depending on whether you wish to build a web page, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with comrades and partners.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by some file storage providers, which lets you share large files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage plans are frequently supported by displaying adverts beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific span of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a completely improper interpretation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would apportion the tasks at hand between individual stacks of servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous web page hosting services (email, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a variety of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; given firms provide a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting type is suitable if you wish to share a vast amount of pictures with pals or partners since the service is commonly free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your e-mail addresses. Some vendors provide web space hosting solutions for websites, but do not provide an email hosting solution. If you desire to keep an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to have a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can create mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video generates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of videos and several hundred viewers, you may have difficulty with your website hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will enable you to own as many videos as you want without bothering about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to own a website. To a certain extent, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and e-mail address accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Millenium Networks, for instance, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated server hosting accounts that allow you to get all of the abovementioned services in one single place. There may be limitations depending on the kind of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the usual email/file/video/image hosting plans that are designed for specific web content only.